The Citroën is a French automotive manufacturer founded in 1919 by André Citroën. The Citroen Automotive brand is known for its innovative engineering and distinctive design. The company has produced a variety of vehicles over the years, ranging from compact cars to commercial vehicles.
Some notable models include the Citroën 2CV, Citroën DS, and more recently, the Citroën C3 and Citroën C4. Citroën has a history of innovation in automotive technology and design. Citroën has a history of introducing groundbreaking technologies in the automotive industry. For example, the Citroën DS, introduced in 1955, was known for its advanced suspension system and aerodynamic design.
The company has gone through various ownership changes over the years and is currently a part of the Stellantis group, formed through the merger of PSA Group (which included Citroën) and Fiat Chrysler Automobiles.
- Citroen AMI: The Citroen AMI is a compact, all-electric city car. It is designed for urban mobility, featuring a distinctive and compact design.
- Citroen Berlingo: The Citroen Berlingo is a versatile and spacious MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle) that comes in various configurations, including a panel van and a passenger version. It’s known for its practicality and comfort.
- Citroen C1: The Citroen C1 is a small city car known for its fuel efficiency and maneuverability. It’s a popular choice for urban driving.
- Citroen C3: The Citroen C3 is a compact hatchback with a distinctive design and features aimed at comfort and convenience. It’s available in various trims with different engine options.
- Citroen C4: The Citroen C4 is a compact car available in different body styles, including a hatchback and an electric variant. It’s known for its modern design and advanced technology.
- Citroen C5: The Citroen C5 is a mid-size car that offers a comfortable ride and various features. It’s available in different trims and configurations, including a station wagon.
- Citroen Spacetourer: The Citroen Spacetourer is a large MPV designed for families or businesses needing a spacious and versatile vehicle. It’s available in different sizes to accommodate varying passenger and cargo needs.
The Citroën DS3, DS4, and DS5 are part of Citroën’s DS line, which represents a range of premium and distinctive vehicles. Additionally, Citroën has models under the “Picasso” name, typically associated with their compact MPVs (Multi-Purpose Vehicles).
- Citroën DS3: The Citroën DS3 is a stylish and compact hatchback known for its distinctive design and customizable features. It’s often praised for its agility and urban-friendly size.
- Citroën DS4: The Citroën DS4 is a compact luxury crossover. It features a more elevated driving position compared to the DS3 and has a design that blends elements of a hatchback and a compact SUV.
- Citroën DS5: The Citroën DS5 is a larger premium hatchback or fastback model with a focus on design and innovation. It’s positioned as a more upscale and executive-oriented vehicle within the DS range.
- Citroën Picasso: The “Picasso” name has been associated with Citroën’s MPV (Multi-Purpose Vehicle) models. One notable example is the Citroën C4 Picasso, a compact MPV known for its spacious and flexible interior, family-friendly features, and modern design.
Type: Automotive Company
Parent organization: Stellantis
Founder: André Citroën
Founded: June 4, 1919
Headquarters: Poissy, France